Box Blown

>> Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yesterday was a really awesome project day. Being our second to last, we had packed it pretty full of events from 9:30 AM to 9 PM. Closing Ceremonies for LT is coming up in two weeks, and every project is asked to either make a music video or do a live performance (dance) to a song. Naturally, our project is doing a love performance because we are just that cool. We spent a good three hours in the auditorium (courtesy of one of our members who works for A/V) practicing our awesome moves. It was so tiring, but it was a blast because we all are pretty horrible at dancing.

Later that night we babysat for Harvest House, a shelter community for women. There were only 8 kids and 17 of us, so it was more fun than stressing. They seemed to have a lot of fun and one of the kids asked later as we were leaving, "You don't have to leave, do you Bearclaw?" (That was the name on the back of my shirt)

Later that night I had the most awesome conversation with some project peeps about the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts. We just talked about our experiences with it, and read some really cool passages about how God wants to use the Holy Spirit in our lives. It was more encouraging than I can describe and I really was pumped up for the next semester at A&M to see the God move in crazy ways. I've been getting sick again, and I asked for prayer at the end, and during our prayer time I felt my sinuses clear up really quickly. Ever since then, I've felt tons better and I praise God that it happened so miraculously. I was bummed that I was getting sick again, but I was reminded of the passage where Jesus is asked who's sins caused the blindness of a man. Jesus replies that no one's sins caused it, yet he was blind so that God's glory be revealed. (John 9)

I feel that whole chapter to be very encouraging in a lot of what I go through with sin, it's effects, and much of my past experiences.

Also something I gained from last night is a prayer that I will now be praying often over everything in life. It's based on Habakkuk 1:5: "Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP