Contoversy!

>> Sunday, June 13, 2010

This last week we've had a very interesting couple be guest speakers at our LT meetings. Dale and Jonalyn Fincher live in Colorado and have a ministry called Soulation (soulation.org). They specialize in giving sturdy answers to hard questions and other topics in apologetics. They gave a talk on Tuesday about gender myths and roles in the Church. While it wasn't the central theme of the talk, Dale had some things to say about the widely acclaimed book "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. Coming from a church where Wild at Heart is accepted as accurate, it was very interesting to hear an opposing viewpoint. If you would like to hear his talk, you may download or stream any of the LT session talks here. The talk I am referring to is Gender Myths on June 8. I would encourage you to listen to it and evaluate it for yourself. He does put an interesting spin on it. He also answers some questions about it in the next session (Living with Questions, June 9) which was a Q/A session.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 30, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

I can't say I have read Wild at Heart, but in all other regards I greatly appreciate the link to this talk. It was a huge encouragement for me in that I don't feel like I'm going crazy so much now. I don't subscribe to the normal gender roles churches tend to preach, and this talk was an enormous help, so thank you for it.

Barclay Bell July 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

You're welcome! glad it helped

Post a Comment

Back to TOP