SICKNESSS!

>> Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm sick right now and I thought this the perfect time to update el blogo while I'm bedridden with a fever and sore throat. Nyquil and I are good friends, currently.

So far I've had two project days and we'll have our third tomorrow. I can't tell you how cool the people in my project group are! It's amazing to see how a random group of 16 people can click so quickly. Our project name is Wolfpack, and of course we have hand signs and howling to go with it. We have been doing a lot of training for evangelism and talking about how to share our faith and start conversations in culturally relevant ways. Next Monday (6/21) we will be going to Boulder, CO to do some street evangelism with some people on Pearl St. Boulder is home of the University of Colorado and can be known for hostility toward Christianity. It will be exciting and intimidating at the same time to boldly go and talk about our faith with strangers. Prayer is absolutely necessary!!

Almost every year there is a book that we as a project group will go through. This year we are going through "TrueFaced" by Bill Thrall, et al. with the tagline, "Trust God and others with who you really are." I'm excited to see God use this book to make my life and those of my project group more open and transparent. The world needs more honest and open Christians who are not whitewashed graves.

We ALSO are all in a workshop seminar that goes into more depth in certain areas. I have chosen "Questioning Evangelism" which seeks to teach us how to approach evangelism using a rabbinical questioning method to cause the answerer to examine their motives and beliefs. I'm very excited about this class and I'm learning a lot about how it can help take me from simply trying to defend my faith with arguing to honest conversations that can go somewhere.

LT is very busy with all that you've read so far, but even then we still have our 40 hour/week job. I haven't cut off any more appendages and I'm learning a lot about cooking and food prep. Yesterday I cooked 100 lbs. of scrambled eggs and dished up 50 gal. of oatmeal...

BUT we still have so much fun!! Often I go for a long, all-day hike on one of my days off. Here's a picture of some of my project group on a recent hike to Emerald Lake

3 comments:

Will C. June 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

you know that aaron strumpel is from boulder right?
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little envious of you and your LT-ing.
I also like that you're not the one with the mohawk in that picture.

Anonymous,  June 13, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

Sorry to hear you're sick! :( Trust me I've had my fair share of illness here!

Also I like your shirt in that picture. I have it, too!

Barclay Bell June 15, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Yes I did know that. And yes, it's strange that I first got a mohawk at LT two years ago and he got one only a week ago here....crazy

WHEELCHAIR BASKETBALL FTW!

Post a Comment

Back to TOP