First Week!

>> Sunday, May 30, 2010

LT is often a time where you just hit the ground running. Upon arriving, I found out within 24 hours that I was going to be a Project Group Leader. Project Groups are the heart of LT and are basically small groups of about 15 that meet once a week all day. There are two leaders per project and it's their responsibility to plan the project day and be the spiritual leaders of the group. I was pretty nervous and uneasy about it at first, but I can feel God using it already to grow me in many ways. A lot of issues about my insecurity as a leader have come up even though we haven't even had our project day yet (it's tomorrow). It's just hard to imagine that God could use me to be an effective leader. But it's been good as I step outside my comfort zone and depend on God to fill in where I'm lacking.

Since I was at LT two years ago, I fell back into a routine surprisingly quickly and it was like I never left. My job in food service is assistant cook and I'm having a lot of fun cooking and prepping for meals. I have all morning shifts which means I start work at 5:30 AM everyday (and hence go to sleep at 8 PM every night). So it is true that even a night owl like me can change (temporarily, of course).

I had quite the adventure yesterday when I was cutting tomatoes for a tofu medley when I hacked off a chunk of skin from my left ring finger (pictures on facebook of course...). Even though I wasn't mentally freaking out, I went into shock and almost blacked out in the kitchen. Rest assured that the finger chunk was not added to the tofu because then it wouldn't have been vegetarian! So as I nurse my bloodied stump of a finger (not really), I realize just how much you use your left ring finger . . .

I would appreciate all of your prayers for my project group, my confidence in leading, that I would follow God's will as I lead, and for quick healing of my finger (I can't play guitar or cello for worship right now!)

3 comments:

Will C. May 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

you could still play, just use your pinky instead of your ring finger, it'll be good practice!

Barclay Bell June 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

yeah, but there are def. certain chords that I can't play. But the main ones are ok

cakroeger June 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

I almost threw up again reading about your finger, and I see great leadership in you Barclay because I see Christ shine greatly through you. Not to puff you up or anything. ;)

Post a Comment

Back to TOP