Baby Church

>> Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today my church in College Station sent off a church plant to San Marcos (Texas State)! It's the first time I've witnessed a church being born and it was pretty awesome. I feel so blessed to be a part of the body of believers here in CS that are hyped about fulfilling the great commission (Matthew 28:19)

I think it would be awesome to go on the next church plant; our church's goal is to send one every 10 years (I would be 30...weird). The only thing would be if I stay here that long...

Something that struck a chord with me today was something my pastor said: "The immediate fruit of an apple tree is an apple, but the ultimate fruit is another apple tree. That's why our ultimate goal as a church is to produce more churches." Why doesn't that happen more often? I guess when you're older and have a family it's harder to uproot yourself and move to another city to start a new church. Maybe that means we have a problem with complacency and materialism, which shouldn't be news to anyone...

The new church is called "242" which is based on Acts 2:42-27:

"42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."

I desperately desire to see the Church (big C) live like this.

1 comments:

Will C. May 10, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

you can always come join us.

Post a Comment

Back to TOP